On the culinary website TasteAtlas.com, Georgian kupati was ranked 42nd in the list of the 50 best sausages in the world.
Kupati received 3.9 points out of 5 according to website users.
The publication writes that kupati is a spicy Georgian sausage, which is made with pork or beef, onion and flavorings such as black pepper, cinnamon, garlic, salt and coriander.
We also read about kupati, that it is especially popular in the Caucasus region and it is most often prepared on the grill. It is also noted that kupat is traditionally served with sauerkraut or chopped onion and garnished with freshly chopped coriander and pomegranate seeds.
As for the top five of the rating, it looks like this:
1. Chistorra – 4.5 points (Spain)
2. Morcilla de Granada – 4.5 points (Spain)
3. Regensburger Wurst – 4.5 points (Germany)
4. Alheira de Vinhais – 4.5 points (Portugal)
5. Chorizo – 4.4 points (Spain)